If you love stories…
–telling them, hearing them, writing them, experiencing them–
you’re going to love Urban Stories Festival, coming to downtown West Palm Beach the weekend of January 27-28! Food, music, workshops, a bike tour, storytellers…so many ways to have fun!
Blue Planet Writers’ Room is a planning partner of the festival, and we’ll be offering some very cool story-related events and activities:
Saturday on the Waterfront:
- Free collaborative art project (and photo op!) for children–come add to our beautiful artwork and post the fun to social media!
- Blue Planet merchandise and memberships for sale–treat yourself or your favorite writer or teacher!
Sunday at the Mandel Public Library on Clematis Street:
- Professional reading by three South Florida authors at 1 pm
- Victoria Fedden, author of This Is Not My Beautiful Life
- Michael Pagán, nominee for this year’s Pushcart Prize
- Leslie Streeter, writer for the Palm Beach Post
- Admission is free! Learn more about the authors here. (Scroll to find them!)
- Itty Bitty City Stories writing workshop at 2 pm
- Come with a memory set in a city, leave with a finished flash-memoir piece!
- Admission is free–register here
- Author reading by writing workshop participants at 4 pm
- Hear new and experienced writers read the work they created that very afternoon!
- Admission is free!
Admission is FREE–so mark your calendars and come on down the weekend of January 27 & 28!
Read more on the festival website here.